The company wants to attract and hire competent and motivated people who have experience with, or potential for working their technologies.
The technology job market is extremely competitive, there's a huge demand for technical talent.
- Hiring manager develops job description and gets approval for the position.
- Recruiter develops recruiting sources and posts the position
- Applicants email resumes
- Recruiter reviews resumes
- Recruiter phone screens promising applicants
- Technical team and hiring managers interview candidates
- Recruiter checks references
- Recruiter or hiring manager extends offer
- Offer is negotiated
- New team welcomes candidate, if applicable
- Make sure that the candidate is comfortable so that he/she can perform their best
- Ask Technical Questions to assess the candidate's technical knowledge
- Ask open-ended questions that require more than a yes/no answer
- Let the candidate do most of the talking, just listen and evaluate
- Get a feel for candidate's enthusiasm about the company and new technologies
- Tell all good things about day-to-day life at the company
- Tell them how the company can make them financially rich :-)